Wanted Briar block for purchase or trade.

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Michael

Wanted Briar block for purchase or trade.

Post by Michael »

A brair block, sanded smooth on all sides with a full plateau top. perhaps it could be stained light brown and waxed. My intentions are to drill the plateau full of holes so it will hold my fly tying tools. The longer the better.

I am willing to purchase this block or I will trade one 750ml bottle of Vincent Aroyo 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Savingon (95 pts. wine spectator) A fine bottle of small production wine that can only be bought on futures at the winery and is sold out before it is made.

My email is michaelrandrews@hotmail.com

Tyler refered me to this fourm.
I am a member of Merlins Pipe Lounge, 3 yrs.
Butch_Y

Post by Butch_Y »

Not sure if this would interest you. I found these on ebay and got a couple myself. The color was a bit pinkish and I was informed that this may be resins and sap still in the wood which would make it unpleasant for smoking, but for other projects it's still a beautiful wood. You may have to remove a few small rocks from the bottom before you cut them up. I have cut slabs that I polished on both sides leaving the plateau on the outside edge. They make awesome platforms for holding all my dremel bits and whatever else I may choose to drill a hole for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIAR-BUSH-BURLS-IT ... dZViewItem

Good luck on your quest.