My first Rhodesian

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JSPipes

My first Rhodesian

Post by JSPipes »

I've made a 'dog or two, and a freehand sorta rhodesian, but haven't ever tried a more traditional rhodesian shape. This was an order by the owner of a local B&M. The stem is lucite and there is a delrin mortise lining.

The stem could be shaped a little better. I have got to start bending them earlier! Hope you like it.

EDIT: Tano requested a top view. It's now included.

Joel
Last edited by JSPipes on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
mahaffy

Post by mahaffy »

Jeepers, Joel, that's a lovely pipe!
flix

Post by flix »

Joel,
Great pipe, don't think the stem is bent poorly at all.
--Michael
Tano

Post by Tano »

Great stain & beautifull shape. You must have been very pleased with yourself when you finished it.
Regards
Tano
Tano

Post by Tano »

I forgot to mention that, it would be nice if I could see the top. It looks like some special grain happening there.

Tano
JSPipes

Post by JSPipes »

Tano, I went ahead and added a picture of the top view for you.

I received a phone call last night from the new owner. He about gave me a heart attack! Started off by complaining about a hot smoke, gurgling, etc. Turned out he was just giving me a hard time. He's thrilled with the pipe and said that it smokes wonderfully. So I'm happy too :D

Glad you guys like it!
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Rhodesians are not my favorite shape - but this one is great! From the top view the stem looks very good, from the side it seems that it could be bent a little bit more on the upper side - but that should only be an agrrement to your selfe criticle statement...

Very nice pipe! Superp grain!
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
Karol

Post by Karol »

I love rhodesians, especially those with square profile shanks. This one looks just as good. Love the dense grain on the top. Nice work. I think the stem is bent just right, I would prefer full taper on the stem rather then saddle type but that's just my personal preference.