Bent

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Leus

Bent

Post by Leus »

As I don't have a two jaw plate for my lathe, it's very difficult to make bent pipes. However I managed to drill one.

Here it is.

There are big cracks along the grain in the base of the stummel. These bummers appeared after sanding. Well, the pipe looks a lot better in person.

I really like how the stem turned out.

More pictures here.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hello Leus,

Very nice pipe. I really like the grain. The cracks stink, but still a very good looking pipe.

Nice work.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
mahaffy

Post by mahaffy »

Nice lines. The button looks a bit thick, especially in the first shot, but maybe that's just the angle. I'd guess it's a very smokable, comfortable pipe. Good job.
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

I like it's stout look. The button maybe a little heavy, shaped very well though. I also like the foward cant, something about full bends, I always get smoke in my eyes....a cant like that should minimize that. Flaws, man what can I say, we all deal with them, nature of the beast.......but I like it, keep it up.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Leus

Post by Leus »

Thanks all for your comments. Yes, the bit is somewhat thick, but that's on purpose (for the clenchers out there.) The slot is about 2mm high, so you can get an idea of the real size. The cracks are what they are, but they don't detract too much from the pipe, actually.