Stem Stock

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
hazmat

Stem Stock

Post by hazmat »

Where else can vulcanite/ebonite stem stock be had besides pipemaker's emporium? I'll probably end up ordering from Andrea regardless, but I'm curious as to what else is out there.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Both these places have it:
http://www.hermanns.dk/hermannuk.html
http://www.janzen-pfeifen.de/englisch/indexeng.html

You can also find it for sale from pipe makers here and there, and also direct from the manufacturer. However, buying directly from the manufacturer means that you will need to have a minimum order - which is a nontrivial amount.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

Has anyone here ordered from either of these two places? I tried the first link and the prices seem pretty good, but I can't select anything but the smallest size of vulcanite. Then I went to the shop.hermanns.dk link, and the prices were there in USD but they are significantly higher (given the current rate of exchange dollar to kroner).
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

I've looked at both of these places, but don't know the "rules" to ordering from another country(??) nor do I know if there are any extra shipping costs. Can someone give me some info on the process?
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I have never personally ordered from the places mentioned (other than the manufacturer), but the reason I started selling supplies was because of the added expense of ordering from overseas. Not only will shipping be on the order of $30+ for even a small order, but most places require a wire transfer for payment and that adds another $30 or so in bank fees. So before you even start shopping you've spent $60. That hurts.

To sum up, Pipe Makers Emporium is your best bet.

Tyler
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Thanks, Tyler.. I kind of reached that conclusion just looking at the prices.. besides, I'd rather give Andrea my business. Ordering from overseas just doesn't seem right when you can get it right here at home.