Chicago updates?

General pipe discussion
Tyler
Site Supporter

Chicago updates?

Post by Tyler »

I know several members of the forum will be going to Chicago. For those of us that can't, any of you attendees willing to be our reporter on the ground? Perhaps even offering on the scene updates? Heck, for that matter, how about a prtable webcam so we can virtually experience the show with you?!

Seriously, I sure hope some of you guys will write about your experience here. In particular those experiences that are pipe making/maker related. I know Chicago last year taught me a ton. I hope someone can pass along to us their lessons this year!

Tyler
MilesW

Post by MilesW »

Although not a pipe maker yet this was my second show. Met a bunch of great people there includding Artguy. I thought this show although better than the 03 show for me, may have been a dissapointment for makers compared to the 03 show. I would guess there where more in attendence in the 03 show. It may be sales where down I don't know. The craft of making pipes is really interesting. I would like to try my hand at it just to see what I could come up with to smoke. Ever time my eye caught a pipe I liked my wallet would tell me let it alone LOL. My son said I had expensive taste. But that is what my eye brought me to. For everyone that is involved in pipes the Chicago show is a must. We look forward to next years show and if could find a way the show planned by Rolf in Germany for August would be a must see.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Thanks for the review Miles, and welcome to the forum!

I was sorely disappointed to miss this year's show. I have plans to be there next year, with Richmond in between to ease the pain. :D

Tyler
kbosi

Post by kbosi »

Well I would have to say the sales were good for me.
I sold 9 pipes . I think the problem was that alot of the makers prices were marked too high.
Kirk Bosi
Bosi Pipes
Http://www.bosipipes.com