Presbyterian Mixture

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
PastorPipe

Presbyterian Mixture

Post by PastorPipe »

I am probably biased, but I love Presbyterian Mixture. I had gotten two tins for Christmas from my brother. More than anything else it was a joke as I am finishing out my seminary education to become a Presbyterian minister. I couldn't think of a more obscure title for a tobacco brand than "Presbyterian Mixture." I thought it would be a hoot to try, but nothing worth mentioning. However, after I started smoking the stuff it turned out to be one of the best smokes I have ever had.

I haven't smoked my Dunhill Nightcap or any of my local mixes or my Cornell and Diehl since I got these two tins. Its great stuff. A real smooth smoke. I highly reccomend it when you get the chance. :pipe:

Pastor Pipe
"A pipe...it is a great soother, a pleasant comforter! Blue devils fly before its honest breath! It ripens the brain--it opens the heart; and the man who smokes, thinks like a sage and acts like a Samaritan!"
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

I agree. Presbyterian Mixture is one of my top three right now. Which are, if anybody is interested, Chartwell, Pelican and Presbyterian Mixture.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
johnoerter

Presbyterian Mixture

Post by johnoerter »

This is my first reply, though I've been reading off and on for quite some time.

I'm make a few pipes, and am a Presbyterian Minister. I also like PM very much! I find that I like it more as the bowl progresses, most times.

I'm enjoying Bailey's Front Porch, Cornell & Deihl, a lot ... and Samarra, Pease, theses days.

Also, how/where did you get the pipe-puffing emoticon?
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

It's listed under the emoticons, just hit the "view more emoticons" section. :pipe:

Pastor P
"A pipe...it is a great soother, a pleasant comforter! Blue devils fly before its honest breath! It ripens the brain--it opens the heart; and the man who smokes, thinks like a sage and acts like a Samaritan!"
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

What's interesting is that on tobac reviews.com the PM gets mediocre reviews. What is so weird is that I have looked up some other flavors that I really haven't enjoyed at all and they are rated much higher. I guess it is just a preference thing. What I noticed about the PM is that many in the reviews seem to think that PM has Latakia in it when in fact it does not at all. I was in the same boat until I looked it up. Maybe it's the Orientals?
jeff

Post by jeff »

I ordered a few tins for myself and a friend about a year ago, and was with him when he cracked the first one. To tell you the truth, after reading the P&T review that categorized it as a Balkan, the tin aroma was very disappointing. It smelled quite fruity with notes of plumb and currants--not what I had bargained for. However, nearly 8 months later I opened my first tin and thought I'd try to smoke it quickly to get it out of the way. By the third bowl I loved it. The smoke is very different than the tin aroma. Although I still wouldn't put it among other Balkans that I've smoked, I really do like it. Now, I've got to secure another tin or two.

The only real disappointment about PM is the tin that doesn't reseal. What drunk engineer designed that tin? :dunno:

Smoke in peace, fellas! :pipe:
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

LOL Jeff,

Yeah the tin surprised me too...I thought I was on candid camera. I have the tin I am currently on, rigged up with a 'hair doodle' I took from one of my daughters. Just a note, those little hair doodle thingys are quite handy. I keep a bag of them around my bench. They are great, like little bungy cords.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

Is "hair doodle" some sort of technical term? :D
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Why yes it is...well atleast for my 9year old and 13year old daughters. :D

Although, the term itself is not near as technical as getting them to put those little 'hair doodles' back in the box where they belong. We have doodles everywhere. Apparently, the cool thing to do when you are a girl is to take those things out of your hair and just lay them wherever you want. Those things make a heck of noise when you suck them up with the vacuum. 8O
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

achduliebe wrote:…snip
Those things make a heck of noise when you suck them up with the vacuum. 8O
Well, though I did not yet really get the pic of a hair doodle before my inner eye, there are lots of things that make me make a lot of noise, when my daughter has left them anywhere close to that edge where they disappear straight into some parallel universe.

And some vac is only one of those wormholes leading there…

:roll:
Alexander Frese
www.quarum.de