First pipe back...

For discussion of the drilling and shaping of the stummel.
hazmat

First pipe back...

Post by hazmat »

Finally... it's soooo nice to have a place to work again!!! Being that I hadn't touched briar or my tools in a couple of years, I ordered some ebauchons from PIMO just to get my hands back into the feel of it. Most of my carving IS by hand(coping saw, hand-files, miscellaneous other "tools") so it was important to me that I not waste a good piece of briar on my "first pipe back"... in any event..

Wow, it's been wonderful to spend evenings with a six-pack of the local bar's finest amidst air alive with fine lil bits and bites of briar... there's nothing quite like watching the shape you're shooting for coming out of the wood. I took a picture last night with my phone for an "on the bench" kind of thing.. as soon as I figure out how to get it OFF the phone, I plan to post it up... but maybe I'll finish it first, who knows??

Anyway, having the space to start back up was key, but almost as key was sending Trever Talbert an email asking him to push me in the general direction of some information I needed.. he quickly pointed me to this site and reading all the topics has really gotten my juices flowing again.. here's to it and hopefully I'll have some stuff to put up and information/experiences to share and learn from here as I get back to some serious work.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Too much fun!
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Just remember, keep your briar out of your beer !!!!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Point well taken... but what else should I use to show me the grain on the stummel?? :dunno: