new bamboo:

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bluesmk

new bamboo:

Post by bluesmk »

Here's one for ya....if I can get this to work.

Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

WOW Dan...that is beautiful! What did you do to get the darkened area around the knuckles of the bamboo?

Great looking pipe! Very nice!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Bryan,
First of all thank you. I scorched it, sanded it, and ever so( and I mean ever so) slightly stained it.
When I experimented, I used a small butane torch......too strong. I got a butane grill and candle lighter. Not as intense as the torch, and stronger than a plain lighter. Before I sstarted the scorching, about 10 mins. before. I took a damp paper towel and lightly rubbed the bamboo. In my experiment, the torch and the dry bamboo......just chared too fast and too much. I got interested in that effect looking at some Ardor"s in Richmond this year. Taklked to Steve and Phil, and they both saw it being done at the factory and they warned how quick it can happen.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Cool, well you did a great job with it. I find it very appealing, nice job!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com