Hew len rusticated pipe #2

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
hlp808

Hew len rusticated pipe #2

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Fellas

I just finished this pipe today. I'm not sure what type of shape it is, but I'm guessing it's a rusticated long shank Acorn.

Here's a picture of it, even though it not the best pic. :(

Oh and I'm going to post more pics with different sides of this pipe. This was the only one I was able to take before my friend borrowed my camers.

But please take a look

Jaden

Nick

Post by Nick »

Very neat buddy! The rustication is quite apealing. It has a campy sort of appeal. How much are you asking for this bad boy?
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Very nice jaden. I remember seeing this while you were in Chicago. I like the fact that you could still show off the wood while eliminating a flaw at the same time. Makes the pipe look rusticated but still can be appreciated for the beauty of briar.
marks

Post by marks »

I like the shape, and I think you did a great job on various critical parts of the shape, stem, etc. The rustication is growing on me.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Nick, The price is $140.00

Note: the bowl is 1 1/2 in wide. with a 3/4 in. tobacco chamber. 5 3/4in long and 1 3/4 in tall.

About the rustication, I use both a dremel and a hand tool. This pipe, the round circle cuts are a little more obvious.

Jaden

jaden@hew-len-pipes.com