Finally, a step toward blasting on my own

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
jeff

Finally, a step toward blasting on my own

Post by jeff »

Hey guys,

It's a big day for me. I've only blasted 3 pipes to date and all three have used other people's equipment. Well, today I bought an air compressor. Although, I don't have all of the equipment yet, I've begun acquiring the necessary pieces for a first-class blasting rig. In fact, the compressor is completely useless to me for about 4 months as my current shop isn't wired for three-phase electricity. But, I've GOT it! Woo hoo!

And, this isn't a little sissy compressor, it's the real deal. :thumb: When I go full time in June or July, I plan on doing it with a bang! Here are the stats:

This puppy packs a whallop!

Motor (power) -- 5 HP
Delivery -- 16.5 CFM @ 175 PSI
Tank Design -- Vertical
Tank Cap. -- 80-Gal.
Max. Pressure -- 175 PSI
Tank Drain -- Automatic

It's a pretty beefy machine. Believe me, I loaded and unloaded all 535 lbs of it myself. At any rate, I'm pretty stoked about this purchase (because it was a great deal off of craigslist) so I thought I'd share it with you all. :)

Take care all,

Jeff
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Jeff,

That's awesome! I know how it is about having equipment, but not quite being setup to use it. I just picked up my lathe today and do not have a table to put it on, a chuck or a jacobs chuck for it...so I am in the same boat kinda. I can't wait to see some of your sandblasts you do with your new compressor.

Cool beans on the 'big daddy' compressor.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
munkey

Post by munkey »

Nice score, Jeff!

I look forward to seeing the results of your rig once you get it pieced together.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Way cool buddy! Can't wait to see the results.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Nice one! I just upgraded various pieces on my compressor to boost the output. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little motivation and a lot of whiskey.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com