Ambar stem

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Leus

Ambar stem

Post by Leus »

Hi! This is my last work. I had finished this pipe and then decided that I didn't liked the way the shank/stem part looked, it had this weird angle that someway cut the flow of the pipe. So I made a piece (a cilinder wrapped in sandpaper) and put it on a machine, and it helped to made a nice arch in the bottom part of the shank and stem. I'm quite happy that I decided to do this, even thought I had already finished the pipe (polishing and all) :P
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Another nice one, Leus.

I too have done some dramatic work on pipes that were fully polished and "complete". It's a LOT of work, but I can't recall ever regretting it. I think it would be worse to let remain something that bothered me about the pipe.

Tyler
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice drilling there Leus. The stem angle/curve looks off to me. Can't quite put my finger in why though. I like the stem material though. Really adds a nice splash of color.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

In regards to nick's comments on the stem... I think there might be a point late in the stem where the angle becomes more "harsh" then the rest of the bend... or is it just me?
Leus

Post by Leus »

Heh, nice one, random. Yes, I guess it has some... er, hawkbillness on it. The stem is curved, but the shank is curved too.

The first picture is absolutely weird; the white cloth under the pipe didn't help.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Now that you say it Leus, it does seem kinda hawkbillesque.