Pipes I'm working on

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
hlp808

Pipes I'm working on

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Fellas

Here's a picture of two pipes that I am working on for a local pipe shop. I still have 400 and 600 grid sanding to do and I'll bend the stem at the end.

Jaden

http://www.pipemakersforum.com/modules. ... _photo.php

achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Jaden,

Very nice work. I really like both of those pipes! That is some fine work you are doing!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
munkey

Post by munkey »

Jaden,

Those look really nice! Could you post some photos of a couple different views to appreciate their design better?

Thanks,
-Scott
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Scott,

I'm almost finish with these two and it should be done tomorrow.. All I have to do is stain and buff them out. I'll post more picture with different angles tomorrow because I really like how the top one turned out.

Jaden
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Thanks for the compliment Bryan,

This forum has really help me improve my work.

Jaden
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

hlp808 wrote:Thanks for the compliment Bryan,

Says the guy who's work inspired me to improve mine. :)

I forget when it was, but at least a few years ago, I saw a page with a bunch of photos showing you putting together a pipe from start to finish. I stole a few ideas from you then, and worked them into my own process. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

KurtHuhn wrote:
hlp808 wrote:Thanks for the compliment Bryan,

Says the guy who's work inspired me to improve mine. :)

I forget when it was, but at least a few years ago, I saw a page with a bunch of photos showing you putting together a pipe from start to finish. I stole a few ideas from you then, and worked them into my own process. :)
How cool is that?! Well done fellows.

Nice pipes Jaden! Very cool indeed.

Tyler
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Jaden those look really nice. I really like how you oriented the grain and birdseye--that suits the shape really well. Reverse tapered shanks are the bomb!

Best,
Dave
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Says the guy who's work inspired me to improve mine.

I forget when it was, but at least a few years ago, I saw a page with a bunch of photos showing you putting together a pipe from start to finish. I stole a few ideas from you then, and worked them into my own process.

How cool is that?! Well done fellows.

:D Thats way cool :thumb: Man, what a small world.

KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I love the coloring on the smaller of the two pipes. It fits the cumberland stem very well.

Here we go again:
I haven't yet made that shape. As much as I like it, I guess I just never got around to it. Maybe I'll work on one this coming weekend after I satisfy a couple special requests that I just happened to be working on anyway.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
aaron

Post by aaron »

Jaden,

Well, I should be back on the island in 5 or 6 days now. It has been a long year. I hope one of these two great pipes is still at the shop when I get there, because I cannot come back without adding another Hew-Len creation to my collection.

Great work, Jaden, Keep it up. One day maybe we can make one together (once i get my stuff out of storage and start again)

Aaron Heizer
I just want to be the best that I can be.
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Jaden,
Absolutely beautiful--they both came out fantastic!

Aaron,
It was about a year ago when me and my family were in Honolulu (PCSing back from Japan)--we stopped into South Pacific Pipes & Cigars. I think I saw some of your work there. Did you have pipes for sale in that shop? Also, I assume you're returning from a deployment--thank you for your service.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Dave,

I'm surprise that I didn't run into you at South Pacific Pipes and Cigars when you were in Hawaii because that place is my second home :D . LOL

Jaden
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Jaden,
I showed someone a Ukelele that I made while I was there--that wasn't you was it?
marks

Post by marks »

Those are both very nice, indeed. I think the proprietor and customers of the shop you are making them for will be very pleased.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Dave,

It probably wasn't me because i don't remember someone showing me a Ukulele shape pipe. I would remember seeing it because it's one of those shapes that I want to try and make.

Jaden