A Swap

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
geigerpipes

A Swap

Post by geigerpipes »

I traded a pipe with Bengt Carlson :P

Get the full story here : http://www.geigerpipes.com/gpipe.php?id=101

Best

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Congratulations, Love! That's a great looking pipe you got in the trade! I'm sure it will be a great smoker for you.
My small collection of pipes consist mainly of my own seconds and a few low to mid grade pipes. whenever I decide to keep a pipe for myself I do half as good a job as on the pipes that get sold ? ?I can?t explain why this occurs but it?s a fact? I can?t afford to bye highgrades as when ever I get a little pipe money there?s always some new machine or new sack of briar that needs to get bought?
This is my experience exactly. There are so many high grade pipes that I admire, but could never justify paying $400.0 or up for. There is always more "stuff" for pipe making that needs to be bought. My "collection" consists of a few mid grade estates, a Tinsky, and quite a few of my own flawed creations.

I was thrilled at the Richmond Show when I was asking Peter Heeschen's opinion of one of my shapes.

He looked at it, started laughing, and said, "This is a great Pipe!" Then he peeled off the price tag, and asked, "What do we do?"

I wasn't sure what he was asking, so I asked if he was wanting to trade. He said, "Yes!"

He didn't have any pipes left at the show, but he said he would send me a "surprise".

A couple of weeks ago I received from him a blasted "P" grade A with an ivory stem inlay.

It's a great little smoker that I would never have been able to buy for myself.

Sometimes, having more pipes than money is OK. :P

Rad

[/quote]
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

That's incredibe, Love! I'd like to have one of each of those pipes - but I could also never afford to buy them. Heck, I couldn't afford to buy my own pipes if I had to....

Hmmm. I wonder if anyone here would like to work on a trade?
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
marks

Post by marks »

Love, looks like you are both winners on that trade.

I think trades are fun. I'm coming near the completion of a pipe I am trading with a local knife maker. He is making for me a tamper made out of damascus steel. I've wanted one for a few years, but would not be able to justify the price if I were to have one custom made. This gentleman had previously bought one of my pipes, was very pleased with his purchase (he is the fellow that wrote me about the pipe he bought- #1705 -posted in the customer comments section of my website) and now wants to add more of my pipes to his collection. Now we each get something custom made from the other. I'll post pictures of the trade when it is completed.
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

thx guys I can assure you we are bouth very satified with this trade...and Mark I do agree after all trading is the most ancient way to do buisness..

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/