Briar Chuck Jaws FS (SOLD)

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
JakeP

Briar Chuck Jaws FS (SOLD)

Post by JakeP »

IMG_9266.jpg
(133.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_9697.jpg
(209.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I bought these jaws new a few years back and have used them very successfully since then. However, I wanted a larger set of jaws and have since acquired a milling machine and have made myself a new and larger set, so these are up for sale.

As you can see I have made some modifications to them, and for three reasons.

First was to knock off the sharp edges so if I got a knuckle in the way that they would do less damage.

Second was to bring them within less than a gram of each other for balance.

Third was sighting lines to align briar blocks and a pin hole to put a registration pin in to register the bowl and airway junction. It is just a smooth 1/8 inch hole that I use a drill bit in when turning the block in the jaws between operations.

I paid about $80 for these back then. I'll let them go for $25 + $10 for USPS Priority shipping in the U.S. plus my trip to and from the post office.

So $35 and they're yours.

I'll take PayPal (friends and family, so I don't get charged a fee) or cash or check.

Jake
Last edited by JakeP on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LatakiaLover

Re: Briar Chuck Jaws FS

Post by LatakiaLover »

JakeP wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:20 pm
First was to knock off the sharp edges so if I got a knuckle in the way that they would do less damage.
Wut???

That's pretty lame.

Everyone knows that women love scars, plus pipe carvers know that REAL proof of dedication and committment isn't achieved until you've had at least TWO bone-exposing gouges and/or an amputated finger.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Maddwarf69

Post by Maddwarf69 »

LatakiaLover wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 pm
JakeP wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:20 pm
Wut???

That's pretty lame.

Everyone knows that women love scars, plus pipe carvers know that REAL proof of dedication and committment isn't achieved until you've had at least TWO bone-exposing gouges and/or an amputated finger.
All the women I know must be pretty subtle about their infatuation with scars then... On the other hand, I do appear pretty dedicated, and I've been told I should be committed.
JakeP

Post by JakeP »

Sold!