Help Please - I Think My Billiard Construction Has Fallen Off The Rails. Need Some Help To Get Back On Track

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
shikano53

Help Please - I Think My Billiard Construction Has Fallen Off The Rails. Need Some Help To Get Back On Track

Post by shikano53 »

I think I've let myself stray from the path in my billiard quest. Could sure use any help or comments to help me get back on board in the right direction.
All comments and critique gratefully welcome.

I stuffed a Kleenex tissue into the tobacco chamber in order to try and keep the stain out of the bottom and this is the result.
DocAitch

Re: Help Please - I Think My Billiard Construction Has Fallen Off The Rails. Need Some Help To Get Back On Track

Post by DocAitch »

I am seeing an asymmetry between the front line of the bowl and the rear line. I can’t tell if this is real or a camera affect. The top portion of the front line has more convexity, and the “belly” appears flattened. If you turned this on the lathe, then what I am seeing is not real.
The bowl is also a bit narrow to be a billiard, more Danish egg, and the convexity of the entire upper portion of the bowl is more exaggerated than I usually see in a billiard.
Also- what the heck is going on at the bottom of the chamber?- I can’t figure out how you got that pattern using a rotating cutter- spoon or spade bit.
DocAitch
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy