Howdy

Tell us who you are.
Corse

Howdy

Post by Corse »

Hi Everyone,

I was pointed this way by Mike at Briar Blues. I had emailed him asking if he had any good info on pipe making and he said, "you know, probably the best place for that is pipemakersforum."

So... here I am. I'm Derek, I'm from Oregon. I'm 35. Been smoking pipes now for a few years.

I'm very new to pipe making and as some new people probably do, have been working on stuff from blanks that are cut to some degree to make life easier. I'm not quite at the point that I am ready to get crazy and go from scratch, but thus far it has been a lot of fun.

Looking forward to learning a lot and soaking in information.
I'm a nerd in software engineering who enjoys my time working on cars, microcontrollers and general nerdy things. Pipe making ended up becoming a fascination when I got into pipes after I had mostly quit cigars and started really appreciating all the crazy intricacies around them along with the culture. I say mostly quit cigars, not entirely. I Love cigars and love the flavor and aroma, but I was up to smoking 3-5 a day and thought, "you knowwwww, I should probably slow down." Pipes have been a nice way to do that, can take my time, and have found a lot of different kinds of tobacco I quite enjoy.

Cheers!
Sir_Saartan

Re: Howdy

Post by Sir_Saartan »

Welcome to the forum
The Tan Saarlander