Help with the choice of paint.

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Odissey

Help with the choice of paint.

Post by Odissey »

Good day

Probably about six months ago, I had the idea to make a smoking pipe in the form of a segment of red Sicilian orange. That was my twelfth pipe.

What you will see now is only a model of a future smoking pipe. Since the form is rather complicated to manufacture, I had to check the possibility of manufacturing some parts of the future smoking pipe. Most of all there were doubts about the possibility of manufacturing thin parts of the smoking pipe. Now it looks terrible, but believe me, everything was much better. I had to remove the dark red alcohol stain and all the lines went for a walk left and right ..
Look where the fantasy of not the most lazy pipe cutter can lead.

After its manufacture, it became clear that alcohol stain is not the best option for painting this smoking pipe. Imagine that where now the peel of the orange will be the bark from the plateau or there will be sandblasting, the mouthpiece will be in the form of a branch on which this orange hangs. Hanging with a bright green leaf.
The colors with which this tube should be painted should be like this. Here is an example.

Similar dyes are used by Roger Wallenstein or Uwe Maier
Who knows what paint it is? It is advisable that you name the manufacturer of this paint. Need a brand.
It seems to me that I know what kind of paint. Most likely these are casein paints for wood. But I don’t know yet who makes them.

Regards, Odissey