Violin and cello, the work on which I finished today.

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Odissey

Violin and cello, the work on which I finished today.

Post by Odissey »

Good day!

Today I finished another pipe and I want to show you it.
First, a little history. The first pipe that you see I made almost two months ago. She got the name "Drunken Violin". It seems that everything turned out, except for one, the degree of intoxication of the violin seemed to me not very high.
Quenching my thirst in making classical forms, I decided to return to the violin and try to add a little more alcohol to it.
Both the first and second violins are full-fledged smoking pipes, but for me it is only a master-model, because I will still return to this form. I will make as many models as necessary in order to bring this form to perfection.
This is the first violin. The grain is confused here and there, but for now I have to work with what I have, and not with what I need for a new smoking pipe.

This is the second smoking pipe, in its parameters it is no longer a violin, it is closer to the violanchelle.

I understand that giving comments on such pipes is quite difficult. So imagine that this is just one form of Blowfish. In general, I really need your opinion, especially on the second smoking pipe.

Regards, Odissey.
caskwith

Re: Violin and cello, the work on which I finished today.

Post by caskwith »

That's cool, I like that.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Viofish or Blowlin?

Enquiring minds want to know
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Odissey

Post by Odissey »

LatakiaLover wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:47 pm Viofish or Blowlin?

Enquiring minds want to know
Good morning!

In this case, it does not matter what it is called, the main thing is that you can smoke well and the pipe is beautiful.

Regards, Odissey
Odissey

Post by Odissey »

The differences in English and Russian are so great that all the time I am very worried about the quality of the translation. In English, the sentence is always in the first place subject and predicate. All other words in the sentence are strung on them.
We do not say so and cannot speak according to this rule.
Everything is different with us. Words in a sentence can be put in absolutely any order, and if all cases are put down correctly, then everyone will understand you.
In English, as far as I remember from school, there are only two cases. In the Russian language there are six such cases. Therefore, our spoken language is quite complex and even such an advanced translator as Google Translate does not always cope.
Therefore, translation from English into Russian is simpler than from Russian into English.
In addition, we have very different terminology for very many aspects of pipe manufacturing and tool names.
For example, the fact that you have a "stem" we have a "mouthpiece". The fact that you have a "Buff" we just have a "muslin circle." What you have called a “shank” in Russian is called a “chubuk”. In English, this word has no analogue and is not translated
I try to at least somehow adapt to your terms, but I can’t always do it right, so if you don’t understand something, do not hesitate to ask.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Cool concept. Your work is progressing quickly it appears. The second is the better of the two in fit and finish. I really like the shape of the first one.

For the record, I think the translation is going pretty well. I understand most of what you write.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com