Gallery now live

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Gallery now live

Post by KurtHuhn »

The gallery is now live!

A few words:
- It is not the same as the previous gallery. The coppermine module was incompatible with the version of PHPNuke this site runs on, so I had to use the gallery module from Menalto. That means that the images that used to be on Tyler's site are no longer part of this gallery.

- When you create an album in the "pipe images" gallery, you need to set the permissions so that other users can't add a sub-album to yours. Just click "permissions" from the drop-down list on the upper right.

- Let me know if something breaks or behaves oddly

- Have fun!

I'm hoping to get a chat module active in the next day or so - if I don't lose all my patience with this damnable open source software.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
bscofield

Re: Gallery now live

Post by bscofield »

KurtHuhn wrote:damnable open source software.
Bite your tongue!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Oh, but I did! You should have heard what I was exclaiming this afternoon while trying to get the gallery to work. Oh, my!

I generally like open source software, I just wish it wasn't all written assuming you'd be using it on Linux systems and dpending on 1.5 GB of external libraries - that you have to download and compile and resolve *those* dependencies. Like wget, why does wget need X11 or ncurses!?
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com