TheOldLie

Tell us who you are.
TheOldLie

TheOldLie

Post by TheOldLie »

Hey y'all, I just joined today. I'm looking forward to becoming involved in the community over time.

Years a pipe smoker: Three years. I bought my first cob the summer before I entered college and I've been expanding my collection of both pipes and tobacco ever since.
How I became interested in making pipes: It's been something I've thought about off and on, but as a student I just felt like I didn't have the time. Until recently that is! I started about a month ago and I've made two pipes so far.
Interesting facts: I play the bagpipes and I'm majoring in both Classics and German.
Sasquatch

Re: TheOldLie

Post by Sasquatch »

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori?
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
TheOldLie

Post by TheOldLie »

Sasquatch wrote:Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori?
You got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Well this is more of a Rudyard Kipling crowd, actually scratch that, this is maybe a Shel Silverstein crowd and quite likely Dr Seuss to be honest, but amongst the rabble there are a few educated cryptids.

Welcome aboard and show us what you're making.
TheOldLie

Post by TheOldLie »

Sasquatch wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:53 pm Well this is more of a Rudyard Kipling crowd, actually scratch that, this is maybe a Shel Silverstein crowd and quite likely Dr Seuss to be honest, but amongst the rabble there are a few educated cryptids.

Welcome aboard and show us what you're making.
I appreciate the welcome! I posted my 2nd pipe in the gallery, but I'm not sure whether the link to pictures that I put in my post is working properly.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Uh, nope. So in Imgur, just use the "direct link" one, and copy that, and here you use the Image icon, press that, then paste (control v) in between the tags.
TheOldLie

Post by TheOldLie »

Sasquatch wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:34 pm Uh, nope. So in Imgur, just use the "direct link" one, and copy that, and here you use the Image icon, press that, then paste (control v) in between the tags.
Fantastic, thank you! This is also my first time using Imgur. It should hopefully be sorted now.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Sasquatch wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:53 pm Well this is more of a Rudyard Kipling crowd, actually scratch that, this is maybe a Shel Silverstein crowd and quite likely Dr Seuss to be honest, but amongst the rabble there are a few educated cryptids.
The Giving Tree will always be my favorite book. Where the Sidewalk Ends comes into the top ten somewhere.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com