Are there any videos anyone would find helpful?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Are there any videos anyone would find helpful?

Post by KurtHuhn »

I'm going to take a video of grinding a tool bit for tobacco chamber shaping tomorrow, as well as a video of it being employed (similar to a segment of a video of Former posted elsewhere on this site). Hopefully I'll get it shot and edited this weekend.

That leads to a question - are there any processes that anyone would find helpful to have a video on? Shank caps are something I've gotten some emails on, so I can add those to the list, but what would folks like to see demonstrated?
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
LatakiaLover

Re: Are there any videos anyone would find helpful?

Post by LatakiaLover »

I've long wondered when it was better to use the electrically tunable exciton−plasmon coupling in a WSe2 monolayer embedded in a plasmonic crystal cavity approach, and when the improving defect-based quantum emitters in SiC via inorganic passivation was the way to go.

Thanks. You rock! :rockon:
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Adui

Post by Adui »

KurtHuhn wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:41 pm I'm going to take a video of grinding a tool bit for tobacco chamber shaping tomorrow, as well as a video of it being employed (similar to a segment of a video of Former posted elsewhere on this site). Hopefully I'll get it shot and edited this weekend.

That leads to a question - are there any processes that anyone would find helpful to have a video on? Shank caps are something I've gotten some emails on, so I can add those to the list, but what would folks like to see demonstrated?
Only if the process is shown without the use of a lathe. I am learning a lot about the limitations imposed without one..

Actually scratch that. I enjoy watching informational videos on all aspects of this hobby, and if its done with a lathe I still find useful tidbits.
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

LatakiaLover wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:36 pm I've long wondered when it was better to use the electrically tunable exciton−plasmon coupling in a WSe2 monolayer embedded in a plasmonic crystal cavity approach, and when the improving defect-based quantum emitters in SiC via inorganic passivation was the way to go.

Thanks. You rock! :rockon:
So... a turbo incabulator, then?

I could probably whip one of those up. Capacitive deractince is not normally my ballywick, but let me see what I can do. :thumbsup:
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
UnderShade

Post by UnderShade »

Shanks caps/rings and maybe military mounts?
n80

Post by n80 »

I would really like to see various ways in which shank caps/extensions are properly done. I understand the concept but would like to see it.

That and flux capacitors.
UnderShade

Post by UnderShade »

n80 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:52 pm
That and flux capacitors.
Dammit. I knew I was forgetting something...
Adui

Post by Adui »

n80 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:52 pm I would really like to see various ways in which shank caps/extensions are properly done. I understand the concept but would like to see it.

~Snip~
Dont know why I didnt think to ask for this. I have one I need to at least cap, and should add an extension to
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Can you post a video on how to wire the electricals on a 1970 ironhead chopper with both kick and electric start? I'm having a hard time figuring mine out. Thanks a ton.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

wdteipen wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:20 pm Can you post a video on how to wire the electricals on a 1970 ironhead chopper with both kick and electric start? I'm having a hard time figuring mine out. Thanks a ton.
Those have electricicals?? Mine just had a hamster clicking a lighter every time the piston moved past TDC...
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

KurtHuhn wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:26 pm
wdteipen wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:20 pm Can you post a video on how to wire the electricals on a 1970 ironhead chopper with both kick and electric start? I'm having a hard time figuring mine out. Thanks a ton.
Those have electricicals?? Mine just had a hamster clicking a lighter every time the piston moved past TDC...
:lol: Mines a somewhat rare XLCH that was made with both kick and electric. I have the hamsters figured out. That's the easy part. It's everything else.
Wayne Teipen
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

What Wayne imagines the world sees when he takes his "Harley" out for a spin:

What they actually see:

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

LatakiaLover wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:13 pm What Wayne imagines the world sees when he takes his "Harley" out for a spin:

What they actually see:

True story. 8) :lol:
Wayne Teipen
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

wdteipen wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:37 pm
:lol: Mines a somewhat rare XLCH that was made with both kick and electric. I have the hamsters figured out. That's the easy part. It's everything else.
According to my hastily conducted and shoddily put together google search using some other search engine, you're in luck! All you need is a Turbo Incabulator....
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

KurtHuhn wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:41 pm
wdteipen wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:37 pm

According to my hastily conducted and shoddily put together google search using some other search engine, you're in luck! All you need is a Turbo Incabulator....
Sweet! I saw that video is in the works so I'm in luck!
Wayne Teipen