Chicago Pipeshow 2020

Discussions about pipe shows, pipe seminars, tobacco shows, trade shows, etc. All sizes, shapes, and countries.
wdteipen

Chicago Pipeshow 2020

Post by wdteipen »

Any word on the 2020 Chicago Pipe Show? I know it's not going to be at the Pheasant Run Resort. Anyone know if an alternative venue has been found or if there is going to be a show this year. Plans and reservations need to be made.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Sasquatch

Re: Chicago Pipeshow 2020

Post by Sasquatch »

There's lots of QnA sorts of threads around other boards and facebook, Wayne. There's lots of legal wrangling between Pheasant Run and the CPCC, it's really weird, but for sure PR has sent out cancellation notice to people who had booked rooms and basically stated "We're closed, there's no show, go away." and yet the CPCC continued posturing as though it legally HAD to be at the resort, it's totally beyond me.

At this point the releases keep saying "Hey yeah there's a show for sure, book your plane tickets, just, we don't know exactly where it will be." which of course makes it very difficult for very many of us to book a ticket. I won't be wasting my time with this thing this year. It's a damned shame.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

I heard the CPCC had a meeting this weekend. Maybe they will release some info soon. The clock is ticking and they are running out of time though.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

"The latest update (from another forum): "There is to be an official meeting and signings of contracts next week. THERE WILL BE A 2020 CHICAGO PIPE SHOW. There will be provisions for approx 400 hotel rooms. There will be a large tent with the show in it, and an adjacent smoking tent. That's all I can say now, but we will be informed soon as to the location/venue and links for hotel rooms. Those of you that are hemming and hawing about coming.... please still come! It WILL happen. "
DocAitch

Post by DocAitch »

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/2020-show-is-a-go/
This the announcement from the show.
It will be at the Westin, 400 Park Blvd, Itasca, Ill.
The dates are the same.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
Adui

Post by Adui »

Can't afford the Chicago show, but I am planning to attend the west coast show in Vegas
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry
DocAitch

Post by DocAitch »

Things look bleak for the Chicago show. The Governor of Illinois has limited gatherings to 50 and POTUS* just announced a limit of 10 folks gathering for any purpose.
With travel restrictions, especially from Italy and the Orient, things look even bleaker.
Because of the successive financial blows to the sponsoring club, I am going to suggest considering making a monetary donation to the club to defray the inevitable loss of funds that they will suffer.
I plan to make a donation equivalent to buying a table, but I can do that. For those of you who cannot, consider doing the best you can.
I hope to see many of you in Chicago 2021.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Jesus, what a shot in the nuts after all the work to keep it cracking...