One of the coolest pipes I've ever seen --- and it was made by one of YOU guys

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
LatakiaLover

One of the coolest pipes I've ever seen --- and it was made by one of YOU guys

Post by LatakiaLover »

The Dunhill in one of the later shots is a Group 4 shape 40, which is considered a "normal, full-sized" pipe in the US. (Added because this one is so well-proportioned it doesn't look big by itself: 7.5" long, 89 grams)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: After getting several emails I discovered some people are thinking I made this, since I'm a member of this forum (the "you guys"), I posted it on the gallery board, and the stamp is hard to make out.

Not so. The maker is doug535. The stamp is hard to read because when he saw what the grain was starting to look like during blasting, he removed the "stamp island tape mask" to minimize the resulting intrusion on the blast coverage. Then smoothed a small spot after the fact and sneaked the stamp in. I agree with how he did it: "less is more" when the wood is exceptional.

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: One of the coolest pipes I've ever seen --- and it was made by one of YOU guys

Post by KurtHuhn »

:thumbsup:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com