KelderKing Introduction

Tell us who you are.
KelderKing

KelderKing Introduction

Post by KelderKing »

Years a pipe smoker: 7 years
How you got into pipe making: I have a love for woodworking and enjoyed having a smoke and a drink while out in the shop. Eventually I thought, "This thing is just wood. I bet I can make one." While not as easy as I thought initially, at the end of the day it is still wood. Still a baby baby baby pipe maker and have only done kits to date.
Other interesting facts: I was a youth and worship pastor and recently moved to Madison, WI to help start a church. I love D&D and painting miniatures, motorcycles (both riding and working on them), and building computers. I just like to make things.
sandahlpipe

Re: KelderKing Introduction

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome to the form, Shane!

My wife's family is in Madison, so we visit there at least a couple times a year. Kits are a great way to get started on making pipes.

What church are you helping to start in Madison? Church planting in Wisconsin is tough from everything I've heard. Comparatively, all the other things are pretty easy. The nice thing about pipes is you can often control the result far more than when you're working with people.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
KelderKing

Re: KelderKing Introduction

Post by KelderKing »

sandahlpipe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:51 am Welcome to the form, Shane!

My wife's family is in Madison, so we visit there at least a couple times a year. Kits are a great way to get started on making pipes.

What church are you helping to start in Madison? Church planting in Wisconsin is tough from everything I've heard. Comparatively, all the other things are pretty easy. The nice thing about pipes is you can often control the result far more than when you're working with people.
Hit me up when you come visit! I'm always looking to meet other pipe makers!

It's called Doxa church. It's been in Madison for 1 year. We plant community churches with college ministries through an organization called The Salt Network. Madison is a tough but to crack. People are skeptical and closed off to the idea of Christianity because largely due to assumptions made based on political alignment. I've heard Madison referred to as a graveyard for church plants. But we're growing rapidly and the college ministry, The Salt Company, is taking hold on campus. We move into our new building in December. Things are looking promising.

I think the reason I like making things so much is because it is controllable. People are unpredictable, but for the most part I know how wood is going to act.