Invitation

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Invitation

Post by Tyler »

I have had a few friends inquire about buying one of my pipes. Sort of an under-the-table-I-won't-tell-anyone sort of sale even though I am "retired." This is quite flattering, of course, but I remain committed to my decision not to sell pipes.

HOWEVER

I will say that I do still occassionally make pipes, and I GIVE them away. If you would like one of my pipes, there is still a way to get one.

There is, of course, a catch.

You have to come to Midland (TX) to either help or watch me make it. When we are done, it is yours. 8)

This is a serious offer that stands until further notice. I don't actually expect anyone to take me up on it, so I think it is safe to say that I still will not be making many pipes. :D I thought I'd annouce it though (I have told a few friends about this offer), as I would love to have a visitor or two if someone actually wants to do it.

Tyler [/b]
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Hmmm... my brother-in-law just moved to Texas... He's only a 6 1/2 hour drive from you. Don't be suprised if I try and take you up on that offer this winter!! :thumb:
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Well, if one of these days you see a big bald headed hawaiian at your front door, that's me. :D LOL

Jaden
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

And if there's another big bald guy behind him, that's me. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I hope you guys can make it!
JSPipes

Post by JSPipes »

Tyler, that's a heck of an offer! If I ever find myself out there, I'll let you know. I'd love an opportunity to watch you work, or better yet, your guidance as I work :think:

Joel
madgarry

Post by madgarry »

Ide love one of Tylers pipes but it will be a long time till I get stateside, even then it doesnt mean I could drop in and take him up on his offer
The pipe is the meaning of life
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

That is a great offer Tyler. I spent a couple of days with Tim West and it was worth every minute. I'm sure that a day with you would be more than worth the travel time to get to TX.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
ckr

Post by ckr »

Let me know when the house next door comes up for sale.

Thanks in advance.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

ckr wrote:Let me know when the house next door comes up for sale.

Thanks in advance.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Tyler.....Just let me fuel up the jet and I'll be there in no time...heck I'll even bring some genuine swedish meatballs :P

Love

www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Love,

Great! I'll move my plane off the runway so you can land at our place. See you soon!

Tyler

P.S. Bring some briar, I'm almost out.
sethile

Post by sethile »

LexKY_Pipe wrote:That is a great offer Tyler. I spent a couple of days with Tim West and it was worth every minute. I'm sure that a day with you would be more than worth the travel time to get to TX.
Hey Craig, I'm right on your way in Western KY... Stop by and I'll fill up your pipe and your car for the rest of the journey.... :wink:

Wow, what an offer, Tyler! One of these days I'd love to get down there for a visit, and seeing you work would be awesome! I have a ministry partner to visit down there at some point too... Hmmm... I'll be to scheming on this... 8)
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

It is fun to see that this thread has revived, as I'd still love to have a visitor. Thus far, it hasn't happened.

Scheme on friends, it would be fun to have company.

Tyler
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Hi Tyler, I'm Bob Gilbert and a newbie pipe maker. If you are serious about your offer I'm your man. I'll come and spend a day with you after the new year, just tell me when and where and what I need to bring. In fact, I'll come just to watch you make a pipe and you don't have to give it to me. I live in Denton. Any date after 01 January.

bob gilbert
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Hey Bob,

I am serious, and you are welcome. I am hosting an event for another forum on the 6th of January. We are going to make a pipe at that event. See this thread for details:

http://christianpipesmokers.net/modules ... pic&t=3051

If that is not something you are interested in, then there is another fellow coming from the Metroplex in early March. Perhaps you two could come together. He is getting that pipe, so since you are not in it for the pipe, perhaps riding along and watching would be good? Obviously we would need to talk to him about it. He is actually going to video lots of the process for the website.

If neither of those work, then we can come up with something else!

Tyler

P.S. I was in Denton last week. My in-laws live in Farmersville (about 15 miles East of McKinney on 380), and we visit the area semi-regularly. Do you know Pete Badillo? He is a Metroplex area pipe maker.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Tyler, I will plan on coming to the forum if you are sure I won't be in the way in an already planned event. I need some specifics, where, what time and what do I need to bring? You can reply at my email if you like, I doubt if folks on here are interested in my plans. <staffwalker@yahoo.com>

bob gilbert
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Bob,

You'd be very welcome. See the link in most post two posts up for all the details.

Tyler
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Tyler, found the info. I'm locked and loaded, have maps in hand, will meet you Sat, 6 Jan.

bob gilbert
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Looking forward to it!

Tyler