New member- nalbonepipes

Tell us who you are.
Nalbonepipes

New member- nalbonepipes

Post by Nalbonepipes »

Hi everyone!
Been wanting to join the forum for a while now so I'm excited to finally be able to.

Years a pipe smoker: Just a few days (started on my birthday!)
How you got into pipe making: Began crafting a pipe for my Dad for Father's Day and decided to stick with it.
Other interesting facts: I've been making (not smoking!) pipes since I was 15 years old. This was also the first time I tried to join the forum, but rather than lie about my age I decided to see if I could just be transparent about it- I was told (very politely I might add- thanks for that!) to wait until I was 18 and so here I am!
I made my first pipe for my dad for Father's Day and to my surprise, he encouraged me to stick with the craft. About a year prior to this I'd expressed an interest in woodworking (turning, mostly) and he helped me out in purchasing my first few tools. When I gave him his pipe for Father's Day, he said that if I'd purchased all the pipe-specific tools already, I may as well not let them go to waste. So thanks to him I stuck with it. I'll get this out of the way- I think I can make some okay pipes, but I'm no prodigy. To this point I'm entirely self-taught, learning most of what I have from this forum and the few YouTube videos that great pipemakers are generous enough to make public. I have a metric ton left to learn and a LOT to improve upon (you'll all be able to see soon in the gallery) so I'm very excited to be able to do some of that learning here.

Thanks for reading,
Sam
Massis

Re: New member- nalbonepipes

Post by Massis »

welcome! I'm curious to see your work as waiting 3 years to join the forum at least shows some dedication if anything :)
sandahlpipe

Re: New member- nalbonepipes

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome to the forum!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com