prince #4

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Doug535

prince #4

Post by Doug535 »

Ok, here's my 4th go at this shape. Initial shaping to this point, should I tighten up the transition or leave it as is? I will do a slight bend before finishing the stem. Any and all critique is very much appreciated.
Bowl height - 1.370
Bowl width - 1.460
Chamber - .700
Chamber depth - 1.130
Length - 6.50

Doug535

Re: prince #4

Post by Doug535 »

RickB

Post by RickB »

Caveat being that I don't know the prince and haven't carved any, but that's looking pretty sharp to me. Slight bit of wobble/off angle at the top of the shank, but that might be you preparing for the bend in the stem. Likewise on the bottom view it looks like there's a bulge in the shank just after the transition. All stuff you'll clean up when doing final shaping I'm sure.
Chronicling my general ineptitude and misadventures in learning pipe making here: https://www.instagram.com/rustynailbriars/
RickB

Post by RickB »

Also the passenger side of the bowl might hang just slightly lower than the driver side.
Chronicling my general ineptitude and misadventures in learning pipe making here: https://www.instagram.com/rustynailbriars/
ricebiscuit

Post by ricebiscuit »

Much better than the last! As Rick said, some wobble at the shank/stem joint. in that last solo pic something looks just barely off. Not quite a mirror image, but real close. Side profiles look nice
Trey Rice

Trey Rice Pipes - www.treyricepipes.com
Doug535

Post by Doug535 »

Thanks Rick. Just realized I dropped this in the wrong section, should be in Stummels. Could a mod please move this to Stummels.