headed to Springfield, here's what I'm taking

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

headed to Springfield, here's what I'm taking

Post by bscofield »

This first pipe I called "Abiyah." I'm not happy with every line on it, but overall I like the idea and I think it's a good pipe. There are things that I'll change next time I make it but this time I was left without the wood to make those changes. Here is my first "Abiyah:"

The next is a set I called the "Cazador Set." Cazador is simply Hunter in Spanish. I called it that because the inlay is deer antler. I posted one of these unfinished before now and then decided to make a set. The first pipe pictured is sort of a billiard, and the second sort of a dubling.

The other pipes I've shown on here before but here is a pic of all the pipes I'm taking:

magruder

Post by magruder »

I really like that long shanked Dublin in the Cazador set.
I'm not too keen on the rustication style, but I love the shape and the stem
addition :thumb:

Good luch in Springfield. I hope you come home with cash and no pipes :)
-Steve
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Ben,

Very nice looking pipes!

On the Abiyah, what kind of stain did you use. Maybe it is just the picture, but it almost looks like it has a metallic quality.

Once again, all are awesome looking pipes!

Good luck in Springfield!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
BDP

Post by BDP »

Ben,

You are progressing nicely. I'm with Steve- I like the Dublin!
Stem work looks good on the two in the set.

Good Luck in Springfield,
Brad
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Ben

I like the dublin shape pipe as well. Have fun at Springfield and good luck.

Jaden
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Ben

I like the dublin shape pipe as well. Have fun at Springfield and good luck.

Jaden
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

achduliebe wrote:Hey Ben,

Very nice looking pipes!

On the Abiyah, what kind of stain did you use. Maybe it is just the picture, but it almost looks like it has a metallic quality.

Once again, all are awesome looking pipes!

Good luck in Springfield!
The Abiyah has a contrast stain of black and virgin (virgin being no stain). I guess the metalic look (which it has in person, as well) comes from not getting ALL the black off the non-grain areas.

Thanks for the notes guys! I'll let you know how Springfield goes (I'm there now at a wifi spot, panera bread co.)
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Well, it went really good. I sold the "Cascara" and the "Cazador Set." I was there hanging out and talking with the folks there from about 11AM till 4:30PM.

One thing that was refreshing to me was to see such a vibrant and popular tobacco shop. Not because I don't see popular tobacco pipes but because the pipe section doing better than "holding it's own." I'm not sure if everyone experiences this or not but around here (in St. Louis) pipe shops only survive because of their cigars. But this one was thriving on pipes and pipe smokers and it was just cool to see. :thumb:
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

GREAT work Ben.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Congrats Ben!

I know what you are saying about the tobacco shops, my local shop only survives because of it's cigar trade.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
smokepiper

i like them all

Post by smokepiper »

all of them has personality... dot rustication is the first time i see. Love got his termite but this is different. keep working so i can see more pipes from you.
smokepiper

i like them all

Post by smokepiper »

all of them has personality... dot rustication is the first time i see. Love got his termite but this is different. keep working so i can see more pipes from you.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Glad to hear that everything went well at springfield :thumb:

It's the same thing over here in Hawaii. The one pipe shop that sells my pipes make most of their money selling cigars. But they do pretty good on the pipe side because they're the only tobacconist shop on the island. We have mostly cigars and head shop in Hawaii.

Jaden