Something different...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JMG

Something different...

Post by JMG »

Well, I wanted to do something different, :D . In that regard, I guess I succeeded. I'll admit I like this pipe more than I thought I was going to, but certainly could have been much better...just not sure exactly how as it's not really a traditional shape. I really wish it would have been a better piece of briar as it had some of the same cracks/fissures that the other blocks from this group had. That said there aren't any that should ever effect the smoke. One thing that I am happy with is the stem. This was by far the most difficult handcut stem I've attempted. Your thoughts and critiques, as always, are much appreciated.

4 5/8" long, 1 3/8" wide, 2 7/8" long. Two tone staining.

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
kamkiel

Re: Something different...

Post by kamkiel »

I really like the finish, and I think it goes perfect with this design. Pretty sexy stem too.
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

I would suggest putting a slight bevel on the sharp edge around the chamber rim. This both helps in packing the pipe and also makes charring the rim more difficult.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

I made one similar to this a few years ago, I beveled the rim however!!! Nice work!!!