No. 3

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Revelation

No. 3

Post by Revelation »

Here's number three, A canted nose warmer I made for a friend. I am pretty happy with it overall, I know it has flaws though.
I used delrin for the first time and also two different stains this time. I still struggle with the junction at the bit and stem a bit though.
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (114.7 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (102.69 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
001.JPG
001.JPG (96 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
"When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints"
sandahlpipe

Re: No. 3

Post by sandahlpipe »

Where do you see the flaws?
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

The pics aren't great but where the bit meets the rest of the stem. On the sides of it where the file would nibble some when rounding the edge. I figured it was better to leave it as is rather than doing irreversible damage to an otherwise good bit. Also, two pis showed up on the shank. Not very big yet I chose to leave them as is.
"When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints"
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

The biggest two things I see are he shaping on the bottom of the bowl, you've got too much material both on the front and on the back of the bowl. Then the button work needs some help. Avail yourself of the techniques demonstrated in LatakiaLover's video on stems.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com