Pipe making video

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
bondarev

Pipe making video

Post by bondarev »

Hi! Here is my movie about how I make my pipes. I have compiled it half a year ago with russian voice. Now it's translated to english. Sorry for my language, I hope everything is understandable.

I tried to make it shorter, but I can't find anything unnecessary to cut from video. So it lasts about 50 minutes.

Will be thankful for any feedback :)

Ocelot55

Re: Pipe making video

Post by Ocelot55 »

Very nice video! I always like to see how other pipe makers tackle making a pipe. There are definitely some areas where the knowledge on this board can help improve your speed. Do some research and I think you can shave down you total time by an hour or so.

Good job!
bondarev

Post by bondarev »

Ocelot55 wrote:Do some research and I think you can shave down you total time by an hour or so
Yes, I really need some optimization for my working process. Now I can make just 6-8 pipes a month if I don't do anything else (I have the second job). I think I can work faster if optimize some phases.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Enjoyed you video! you can save some time, explore as stated, the different areas of the forum, you may enjoy some of the ideas?Your pipes are very nice. May you continue with success!!! Two things stuck out one being the heat gun next to running water and the keyboard under your sanding. One of them could shorten your career!!!
bondarev

Post by bondarev »

pipedreamer wrote:Your pipes are very nice. May you continue with success!!!
Thanx
pipedreamer wrote:the heat gun next to running water
Ok, I will be more careful with it :)
pipedreamer wrote:the keyboard under your sanding
It's impossible to keep the keyboard clean in the workshop. So I even don't try. When some key doesn't work, I shake the keyboard upside down and blow it with air compressor. I use this keyboard few years in my workshop, and it still works.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

Most keyboards are actually pretty robust. I've cleaned them of spills etc by soaking them in the bathtub. Just make sure you dry thoroughly before using it. (No, this is not a George Dibos intelligence test; this really does work).
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by sandahlpipe »

You will want to make sure the keyboard is not plugged in when you submerse under water. Also, milk will irrevocably short the circuits on the keyboard.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

sandahlpipe wrote:Also, milk will irrevocably short the circuits on the keyboard.
My inner Sherlock Holmes says the writer of such a sentence has young children in his house. :lol:
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

sandahlpipe wrote:You will want to make sure the keyboard is not plugged in when you submerse under water. Also, milk will irrevocably short the circuits on the keyboard.
Grilled-cheese sandwiches pretty much fuck a VCR up too, just if anyone needed to know.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Sasquatch wrote:
sandahlpipe wrote:You will want to make sure the keyboard is not plugged in when you submerse under water. Also, milk will irrevocably short the circuits on the keyboard.
Grilled-cheese sandwiches pretty much fuck a VCR up too, just if anyone needed to know.
Well, you dumbass!! How many times have we told you that you EAT the grilled cheese and you watch the video??
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
bondarev

Post by bondarev »

sandahlpipe wrote:You will want to make sure the keyboard is not plugged in
There are no hi-voltage contacts in any keyboard.

This one is wireless :)