I (finally) made another pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
marks

I (finally) made another pipe

Post by marks »

It took me about two months to make this one. Needless to say, I've been busy with other stuff that has taken me away from my shop. It is pipe 1705 at the link in the signature. Thanks for looking, and comments are always welcome.
jbacon

Post by jbacon »

hi marks

is that ivory color #2146 from delvies. i have found that i really like there rods. thanks for the link. i like there dark blue as well.

jim
marks

Post by marks »

Jim, I don't remember the item number, but it is Delvie's Ivory rod. It looks really great in person (my pictures do not do it justice). This is the second pipe I have made with this rod, and I have been very pleased with the color, particularly with how it contrasts with the red mahogany stain.

The other pipe I finished in brown, and it looked very good with that color as well (actually, there is a picture of that pipe on page two of my web site). That pipe got a lot of positive comments from the regulars at the Pipe and Pint when Paul Tatum was hanging out and smoking it there last December.

I too have been pleased with the rods I have gotten from Delvies, and so far, theirs is the only rod I have used for hand cut stems. (I do have some good ebonite and cumberland, but I am going to use those two selectively, based on the pipe at hand). I've also got some copper rod I got from Delvies and am going to use it on a pipe I am working on for me. The copper is translucent, and you have to put a band of some sort on it to cover the delrin, if you use delrin for tenons. But, I think with the right pipe, it will look very nice.