First Rustications

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
smokepiper

my answer to alex

Post by smokepiper »

As a swedish and related to the northern natives Sames i can say that the ultimate weather is 12 degrees celsius cloudy and some tiny drops of rain. That is for summer and winter climate about 20-25 degrees celsius 2-4 meters of snow and clear blue sky. That´s real living and a paradise on earth...
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Well as a red blooded american I can say that I don't know how hot or cold 20, 25 or 30 celsius is... But I promise I'll look it up on google.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

OK, I've looked it up. Indeed 25 degrees celsius is very nice. I see that weather here for about 2 weeks in the fall and 2 weeks in the spring. For a very LONG summer, however, I have to live in temperatures of 90-100 degrees fehrenheit. With 95-100 humidity that gives us a heat index of well over 100 for long periods of time.

That's around 37 degrees celsius for you metric/celsius folks.

I lived in a country that used celsius/metric systems for nearly 9 years and didn't learn it... How sad. :?
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

bscofield wrote:…snip
That's around 37 degrees celsius for you metric/celsius folks.
snip…
8O Woah, no place for me… Esp. with that high humidity.
You US-Americans still have a chance to move within your nation to some location with a climate that fits your personal needs. I personally would like something for the summer in Scandinavia and some winter palais in Spain.

BTW: Stealing this thread even further away from it's topic: How do you US-Guys live with those British units? Even the UK dropped at least some of the strangest measurement systems dividing something weird into some even weirder 1/12…
smokepiper

temperature

Post by smokepiper »

Wow! I´m a happy man that don´t have to endure your climate. I´d be dead in about two seconds, or someone else! Were are you living in this world? Must be close to hell were you live, my deepest sympathy! 8O You got to have nervs out of solid rock and a intercoolersystem in your body... I´m impressed that you can even think in that heat, it´s about 25 degrees celsius here now and I´m about to enter the refridgerator and stay there for rest of the summer. If it wasn´t for the nature experienses around here i would move further up north, but it´s loaded with bloodsucking mosquitos there now. Enormous clouds with thees evil bastards, if you eat a sandwich out in the backyard you have eaten around 100 of them landed on the sandwich. I realise now that i´m quite a happy man living here in 25 degrees celsius, maby i give a da-m about the refridgerator... 8O :wink: