finaly my own website!!!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
costi

finaly my own website!!!

Post by costi »

at www.nivelzero.ro/gabospipes
ok, it may not be the best looking website around but it's mine! :) it does not have a forum yet, there are no description to the pipes but i hope you'll enjoy it anyways... and please write some feedback here...

thank you
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

GREAT design. Someone has a good eye for graphics and space.

Well done.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
JMB

Post by JMB »

Great looking site. Really love your 1st & 4th pipe. You have a good eye for design When you were doing furniture, did you make any of your designs yourself.
JMB
carthagena

Post by carthagena »

Hi Costy !

Your website is great ;-)
Presently, I'm making the mine, I'll present it here when the translation will be all done.

How do you do to grab your name on your pipes ? I find it's beautiful as it.

Happy smoking,
David.
costi

Post by costi »

Thank you fellows for the appreciations regarding my website!
My signature is engraved with a rotary drill.I don't have a puncher yet but in my opinion, with a little practice and patience an engraved signature looks better than a stamped writing.It's genuine...
Interestingly my pipe #1 is made from hornbeam, a very hard and homogeneous wood while pipe #4 from wild pear wood.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

costi wrote:My signature is engraved with a rotary drill.I don't have a puncher yet but in my opinion, with a little practice and patience an engraved signature looks better than a stamped writing.It's genuine...
That's what I'M talkin' about!

:thumb:
carthagena

Post by carthagena »

costi wrote: My signature is engraved with a rotary drill.I don't have a puncher yet but in my opinion, with a little practice and patience an engraved signature looks better than a stamped writing.It's genuine...
A rotary drill ? Humm... I intented it with the Dremel but it was horrible :P
What diameter do you use for it ? Mine is probably too large :think:

Thank you very much :)
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I managed to have acceptable results with the smallest engraving bit I could find. I was given a ParaGrave about a year ago, and with it came about 200 bits of various sizes and materials. I just pulled the smallest one I could find, and used it in my flex-shaft tool.

Unfortunately, my handwriting sucks, and me trying to draw a legible sig on wood sucks even more. It's acceptable, but it's not as nice to look at as some (most? every?) folks' sigs that do it that way. So, I decided to get some stamps made up.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com