Shank extension materials

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
RDPowell

Shank extension materials

Post by RDPowell »

Didn't know where to put this so........
Has anyone here ever used metal of one type or another for shank extensions and if so is there a good Online retailer for it?
What I mean by good is primarily is Cheapest. I went to order some Aluminum rod from McMaster-Carr because I've used them in the past
for other items but, because I'm not ordering the usual amount it cost me more for shipping then the product. I live out in the sticks so to speak so
my only alternative is Online purchasing, with just about everything except food and gas. :banghead:
rdpipes.briar.club
caskwith

Re: Shank extension materials

Post by caskwith »

Ebay is a great source for small quantities of various metals. Model engineers and small machine shops often sell the left overs from projects. Since they have usually factored in total cost already the extras can be found for not much more than scrap price.
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

Thanks Chris, I didn't even think about eBay :doh:
rdpipes.briar.club
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

I don't know what you are looking for but onlinemetals.com is a good source and they have a warehouse in Texas.
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

oklahoma red wrote:I don't know what you are looking for but onlinemetals.com is a good source and they have a warehouse in Texas.
Good ta know sir. :wink:
I'm looking for Aluminum rod
rdpipes.briar.club