Clipper

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Lundell

Clipper

Post by Lundell »

Didn't know what to call this, but since it was inspired by a Kriswill pipe I own, I descided to go with the Lundell Clipper.
Tell me what you think!
Measurements
Length: 136 mm
Height: 50 mm
Width: 34 mm
Depth: 40 mm
Diameter: 18 mm
Weight: 29 g

Thanks for looking!
Alden

Re: Clipper

Post by Alden »

Nice pipe!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Good looking pipe. Your buttons in general in all the pipes you've posted aren't bad but could be a touch more crisply done. They lack the detail you'd see in many high grades if that's your goal.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

The left and right sides of the bowl have different curves when viewed from the stem side. One side is flatter than the other.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Lundell

Post by Lundell »

wdteipen wrote:Good looking pipe. Your buttons in general in all the pipes you've posted aren't bad but could be a touch more crisply done. They lack the detail you'd see in many high grades if that's your goal.
Thanks! Yes, it's one of the things I'm struggeling with, button and slot. Can't seem to find a way to get them the way I want them. And it's nerve wrecking as well since there is so little room for error. So I seem to settle for "good enough", and that's not the way I want to go. :oops:
sandahlpipe wrote:The left and right sides of the bowl have different curves when viewed from the stem side. One side is flatter than the other.
Yes, you can see it from the front view as well. I think that mostly happend when blasting. I'm still trying to get my blasting Equipment to work smoothly, and how to use it properly. :?

Thanks for commenting! :)
socrates

Post by socrates »

Very nice piece. Pipe is attractive!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
Charl

Post by Charl »

Well done! One other thing for me (if that's worth anything) that is distracting is the stamp (or maybe it's engraved?). It's too big.
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Something that helped me improve my slot work is getting the right tools for the job. I use the needle files shown below. They make the job super easy. They are cheaper on ebay and you'll save on shipping too.
http://www.ottofrei.com/Grobet-Needle-Files/
I use the 4" crotchet 0 and 2, and 4" round 0, 2, and 4.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Reversing the colors so that the low areas are black and the high spots are red would look MUCH better, I think.

Also, I am obligated to make my monthly "ditch the masking stripe... fade the blast" comment. No one ever listens, but oh well.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Lundell

Post by Lundell »

Charl wrote:Well done! One other thing for me (if that's worth anything) that is distracting is the stamp (or maybe it's engraved?). It's too big.
Of course it's worth something! It's engraved. And you're probably right, it might be a tad too big. Need to get a stamp...
mightysmurf8201 wrote:Something that helped me improve my slot work is getting the right tools for the job. I use the needle files shown below. They make the job super easy. They are cheaper on ebay and you'll save on shipping too.
http://www.ottofrei.com/Grobet-Needle-Files/
I use the 4" crotchet 0 and 2, and 4" round 0, 2, and 4.
Yes, I've been thinking about getting some proper needle files. The ones I have now are the cheap, no good kind. Thanks for the tip!
LatakiaLover wrote:Reversing the colors so that the low areas are black and the high spots are red would look MUCH better, I think.

Also, I am obligated to make my monthly "ditch the masking stripe... fade the blast" comment. No one ever listens, but oh well.
About reversing the colors. You're probably right, but I have no idea on how to go about achieving that! Please enlighten me if you will!
I promise I'll try fading the blast next time. :wink:
giospro

Post by giospro »

Sweet
Gios
Professional Golfer

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE."