Dublin. My best yet.

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Joe T

Dublin. My best yet.

Post by Joe T »

I think the quality of my pipes has finally surpassed Dr. Grabow! :thumbsup:

Sorry about the crappy picture quality... I need to invest in a camera and light box someday... For now I'm still trying to make a decent pipe. :wink:

Joe Thieman
Joe T

Re: Dublin. My best yet.

Post by Joe T »

Finished it's Churchwarden stem last night. :D

Joe Thieman
Joe T

Post by Joe T »

Critique is welcome guys... I know the pictures are poor, but I want to learn all I can from every pipe.
Joe Thieman
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

I am sure somebody out there could offer a better critique, but here is mine. I would probably do something with the rim of the bowl. I am sure some people would argue for a concaved rim, others would say domed.

It also looks like you buffed away your stain on the rim.

I wish I had more to offer, but my eyes are still in training. I think its a pretty slick pipe. Did you make the churchwarden stem yourself on this pipe too?
Joe T

Post by Joe T »

Yeah, I did. :) It took almost as long to make that churchwarden stem as it did the stummel... but I was very pleased with the result.
Joe Thieman
Albert.A

Post by Albert.A »

I think it's a nice pipe over all, and nice work with the churchwarden stem, those suckers are a bi*ch to make. The finish looks good, especially on the stem (from what I can see on the photos).

I would also do something about the rim, probably round of the inner edge of the rim so the chamber edge is a bit rounder, otherwise it's really easy to burn the edge when lighting the pipe (in my experience). I would also try to keep the outer edge of the rim more crisp and defined, because now it looks as though it's slightly rounded over.

And sand out the chamber, unless is is some kind of bowl coating, I can't really tell from the pics.

That's all I've got at the moment! :)

Keep up the good job! :)
Perfection is key, but damn near impossible to achieve!

https://www.facebook.com/albertsmokingpipes