Advanced Warning

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
DMI

Re: Advanced Warning

Post by DMI »

There is no need for another section, if those that exist are used properly.

The gallery is there for people to post pics of pipes, on most forums it's simply a case of 'look at what I made isn't it great' here it is a case of 'I made this what's wrong with it?' I think a lot of people forget this and are are bit peeved when they get little or no response, the flip of this you may get no comments because it is a good pipe and nobody wants to tell you.........the old green eyed monster.

People also expect to be 'taught' or 'coached' by one one the big boys, sorry but that will rarely happen (unless you go and stay with one), here you will find the information and help required to learn for yourself.

David.
sam a

Post by sam a »

perhaps some of these ideas are over thinking this a bit. in my opinion it could be as simple as:

-you post photos of your work in the gallery
-you ask for honest feedback
-people tell you what they honestly think of it
-you listen
-you become more informed
-you are thankful for their honesty, them sharing their knowledge, and time
-you try your best to apply new ideas, insights, and techniques you learned to future pipes
-you get better over time
-all is right with the world
DMI

Post by DMI »

Sam that is what is supposed to happen, but all to often people ignore what is said because thier pipe is the best in the world, they made it so it must be.

EDIT: I did this for about six months using the excuse that people didn't have the pipe in thier hand so couldn't really 'see' the pipe.
sam a

Post by sam a »

well, those people are delusional... not much one can do to help them. (and no point in worrying about it)