advatar help!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
d.huber

Re: advatar help!

Post by d.huber »

SchmidtN wrote:Yeah, Snow Crash is one of my favorites... I'm actually rereading it right now. Not sure how likely it is that I'll ever have a nuclear powered robot dog though. :wink:
Sounds like a book I'm going to have to check out. The last books I finished were the Elijah Bailey/R. Daneel Olivaw trilogy by the man himself, Isaac Asimov. Fantastic series. Moving onto the Foundation series next.

If you're into sci-fi/fantasy, check out "A Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula K. Leguin if you haven't already. Talk about a knockout novella!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Hey, who remembers this conversation? Welp, I'll be damned if I didn't just get an email saying Barnes and Noble had a credit card skimmer scam problem and since I bought Snow Crash there with my debit card within the past year my bank is freezing that card and issuing me a new one.

I find it a little amusing that I bought a book about hackers and as a result might get my identity stolen in the process. Whomever/whatever we all came from MUST have a sense of humor.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Irony: a scene or situation which can be viewed or judged from more than one perspective.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!