Beware of the e mail pipe scam

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Tano

Post by Tano »

Hi everyone,
I beleive that the quality of your work should speak for itself. We all know that these beggars are only there for the free-bees. Every industry has them. With our global economy and the internet, the world has become the market.
If your pipes are not quality work, buying your way isn't going to make you famous.
I would not put too much trust on a club members who choose to promote those that give them free pipes. It only demonstrate further that they are using you.
Tano.
smokepiper

The vampires of our time

Post by smokepiper »

There will always be those who feed of others hard work and drink their life out of them. They ofter push the emotions for getting a compassion and from there make their move for stealing our life savings, i have got hundreds of these mails from kings in Africa and dying men in Russia. They all have a goal of suck the blood out of your work and take advantage of your love for other humans gaining their own wealth. They are the Vampires of our time and they are immune to garlic and wooden sticks, they travell through www over the world searching for easy targets and compassionate Wrong spelling??? humans. One roule still exists about these Vampires, they have to be invited before entering your home. Use that roule and never invite anybody before total ID-control...
marks

Post by marks »

ScoJo wrote:My father recently turned 106. One night while out at his favorite Hooters, he misplaced his favorite Piedmont briar...
I'll email him a new one right away. It just wouldn't be right for your dad to go to his favorite Hooters not sporting his Piedmont Briar...
Leus

Post by Leus »

Heh. I got one from a guy who claimed to teach at a school.
I teach World History on the Navajo Reservation and we are studying Native pipes compared to modern pipes. We are also studying briars and famous world pipe smokers. Can you possibly donate one or two pipes to our class. We appreciate your contribution.
I just send a polite decline letter, and he did answer a very short thank you email. I'm not sure it was a scam, but I'm sure I didn't want to know.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Leus, I got the same one over a year ago. I doubt they're studying pipes for a solid year - though I could be wrong. It might be the super secret squirrel room. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

I just got this one:

Pfeifen im Bild
Mr. Aditya Lutfi (c/o PS)
editor in Chief
Gempenstrasse 51
4133 Pratteln
Switzerland

Phone +41 79 795 79 40
Fax +41 79 795 79 41

Dear Stephen

In our Swiss tabacco magazine Pfeifen im Bild we are preparing a special edition dedicated to high quality European pipe manufacturer.

For this reason we would like to present to present your pipe manufacture Downie and your excellent range of pipes as one of the leading pipe manufacturer in Europe to our readers. This special edition will be distributed in exclusive tabacco shops in Switzerland, Austria and Germany as well as in member hotels of the group "Leading Hotels of the World".

Therefore we would kindly ask you whether it is possible for you to send us one or two samples of pipes manufactured by your company to present in our Magazine Pfeifen im bild.

We would like to thank you very much in advance for your reply and we will be glad to present also a list of distributors for Downie pipes in Switzerland and Germany.

Best Regards

Aditya Lutfi
Pfeifen im Bild
Editor in chief

Too bad they didn't do their homework as last time I checked Canada wasn't part of Europe.
Stephen Downie
www.downiepipes.com
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Gee, couldn't they just use pictures????? :roll:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hehehe!

Hello, Mr. [insert name here],

My name is [inser alias here] and I am the editor of a pipe magizine for homeless pipe smoking cancer victims' children. Our magizine is a top of the line publication in Europe and Asia, where our readership is over [insert rediculous number here]. In our upcoming issue, we are planning to do a full length article about [insert pipemaker name] pipes. Several of our readers have commented, between the horribly painful chemo therapy sessions and visits to the pet shop for the chance to expirience the joy of playing with a puppy, on the high quality of [insert pipemaker name] pipes. However, none of the smokers we called were willing to part with their [pipemaker's name] pipe so we could photgraph it. So, I am writting to you asking, no begging you to send us two or three of your pipes so that we might photograph them. I'd ask for electronic pictures, but our production director, Phil, who is himself a homeless child cancer victim, says that electronic images are unacceptable. We here are very excited about this article, and have already sent word out that this next issue will feature [insert pipemaker's name] pipes. Needless to say, our readers are eagerly awaiting the magizine to hit their doorsteps. I know that once our readers learn more about [pipemaker's name] they will literally throw cash at you to get one of your pipes. We have that kind of readership! Three or four of your pipes mailed to the following P.O. Box will ensure [pipemaker's name] pipes are the talk of the town.

Sincerely,

Phil
Editor and Chef
Poor Homeless Pipe Smoking Cancer Victim's Children Illustrated
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

LOL!

:thumb:

I'm sorry, I was born without a head. Can you just send me money?
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/