pipe in the hat trade?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
andrew

Re: pipe in the hat trade?

Post by andrew »

Ocelot55 wrote:
andrew wrote:Ah, you're right. I just saw a list and thought that was it :oops:

Too bad, I wouldn't mind having one of your pipes, Andrew. :mrgreen:
it could still happen! Hopefully whoever gets this one will like it quite a bit. So far I think mine is the only bamboo.
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

mredmond wrote:Kurt always goes incommunicado on PITH selection day. I think something diabolical is probably at work.
I think every year PITH falls around the same time that Kurt is mercilessly forcing his young children to dance jigs rigorously and without respite around the country for shillings. He needs to wait until one of them is so exhausted that they can't dance another step, and then he uses the last of their strength to draw the PITH order. Or something of that nature.
mredmond
Site Supporter

pipe in the hat trade?

Post by mredmond »

BeatusLiebowitz wrote: I think every year PITH falls around the same time that Kurt is mercilessly forcing his young children to dance jigs rigorously and without respite around the country for shillings. He needs to wait until one of them is so exhausted that they can't dance another step, and then he uses the last of their strength to draw the PITH order. Or something of that nature.

So, Kurt is basically Michael Flatley if he were a sweatshop manager. Sounds pretty damn diabolical.
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

SORRY FOR MAKING LIST EARLY, THIS LIST ABOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORDER IN WHICH TO TRADE.
I was just making a list to clearify who was all in or not, just saving Kurt a step. Sorry for any confusion.
taharris

Post by taharris »

Anyone heard from Kurt?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Sorry guys, I am completely slammed. I will do my best to take the list (thanks Steve!) and randomize it so that we at least know who to send to. And I promise to get some pics of my contribution up.

Clearly I have too many irons in the fire.... :banghead:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

KurtHuhn wrote:Clearly I have too many irons in the fire.... :banghead:
Wha?!? Never!

Take your time, we appreciate your organizing it and participation every year.
mredmond
Site Supporter

pipe in the hat trade?

Post by mredmond »

BeatusLiebowitz wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:Clearly I have too many irons in the fire.... :banghead:
Wha?!? Never!

Take your time, we appreciate your organizing it and participation every year.

Yes. Thanks, Kurt! No hurry.
DaGamba

Post by DaGamba »

I'm sorry to say that I'm out. Haven't had the time or the chance to make a pipe in ages! :(

I'm really sorry about that. Specially since there are some real beauties in the hat this year.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Okay, I surfaced for air long enough to see that Andrew has graciously randomized the list for us. Thank you Andrew!

58 Jos
155 Archer
174 mredmond
201 Vermont Freehand
307 pereu
336 eric
493 archaggelosmichail
500 taharris
533 OregonCustom
678 andrew
722 fuchi_jeg
732 JLiberty
769 BeatusLiebowitz
781 KurtHuhn
938 AaronC
987 Ocelot55
1000 Walle

As always, contact the person below you on the list, and send to them. The last person contacts the first person.

I confess I have not seen the entries so far, but tomorrow after pimp-slapping some vendors, and possibly the Chinese buffet, I will sit down and take some time to have a look see. I expect great things!

And yes, I unfortunately planned this the same weeks as my kids are all over the friggin' place dancing. It's exhausting, and I'm not even the one dancing! (that you know of....) :twisted:

EDIT: to remove 239 jdkearns
EDIT: to remove 989 Growley
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Also, if you don't have a pipe ready, please let us know ASAP so that we can modify the list. We don't want to keep participants waiting indefinitely.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
AaronC

Post by AaronC »

Wow, congratulations everyone! and thank you very much for allowing me to participate. This was very fun for me. :clap:
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Before we all get excited and start shipping off our pipes, maybe we should verify that everyone on the list actually has or will have an entry soon. Going over the previous posts it seems like some of these folks have bowed out, or said they were in and never followed up.

Can't hurt to double check.
jdkearns

Post by jdkearns »

Gents,

I'm horribly sorry - but I'm out. Still on a trip at work (damn these never ending global conflagrations). IF I've been paired already, I'll have one done in two weeks or so - I don't want to cheat anyone out of a PITH JKearns rhodesian!

All of the pipes I've seen so far look wonderful... Walle's and Vermont's being both very unique and striking!

Again, all apologies, just let me know.

Best Regards - John
OregonCustom

Post by OregonCustom »

Done, when do we ship?
Not sure I want my hobby to turn into my job largely because I grow to hate my job....
andrew

Post by andrew »

alright Fuchi, here's your pipe. Hopefully it will serve you well:

My bamboo work still needs... work. It'll pass a cleaner without much coaxing.
Growley

Post by Growley »

KurtHuhn wrote:Okay, I surfaced for air long enough to see that Andrew has graciously randomized the list for us. Thank you Andrew!

58 Jos
155 Archer
174 mredmond
201 Vermont Freehand
307 pereu
336 eric
493 archaggelosmichail
500 taharris
533 OregonCustom
678 andrew
722 fuchi_jeg
732 JLiberty
769 BeatusLiebowitz
781 KurtHuhn
938 AaronC
987 Ocelot55
989 Growley
1000 Walle

As always, contact the person below you on the list, and send to them. The last person contacts the first person.

I confess I have not seen the entries so far, but tomorrow after pimp-slapping some vendors, and possibly the Chinese buffet, I will sit down and take some time to have a look see. I expect great things!

And yes, I unfortunately planned this the same weeks as my kids are all over the friggin' place dancing. It's exhausting, and I'm not even the one dancing! (that you know of....) :twisted:

EDIT: to remove 239 jdkearns
EDIT: to remove 989 Growley - I was one of the first losers to bow out way back on Jan 21.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Looks great Andrew! I love the plateau top, and the bamboo looks super clean. Can't wait to fire it up
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Since the list still seems to be in a state of flux, maybe we should let it "simmer" for a week while we make sure nobody gets screwed out of a pipe.

Thoughts?
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

my 2 cents = I think we should just stick to the original plan and mail the ones that are ready, we all had enough time to consider this trade and those of us that are ready should ship, and if some are not ready, well, theres always next year. I assume there are some that are making a pipe after the 19th which was not part of the original plan. I also don't like how some people may not like who they are getting a pipe from and say, "sorry couldn't make it this year". If we were to extend this trade, it should have been done before the list was "random"ized. Personally I think that everyone should have posted pics FIRST and then we know whos in or out, THEN make a randomized list, it only keeps it fair for everybody. Heck if I knew so many were going to drag their feet or back out, I would have gotten a lot more done last weekend as opposed to finishing the pipe.