billiard and brass

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
notow1

billiard and brass

Post by notow1 »

still struggling to get the shape right. Any advice and all critiques are welcome, thanks, Norm. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
e Markle

Re: billiard and brass

Post by e Markle »

Nice pipe. Your button is too short. The top of your stem should not be concave. The sides of your stem as seen from above should be perfectly parallel.

Do you have a smart phone? Just take pics with that.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

e Markle wrote:Do you have a smart phone? Just take pics with that.
This is what I've started doing. I'm way happier with my photos now.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
notow1

Post by notow1 »

e Markle wrote:Nice pipe. Your button is too short. The top of your stem should not be concave. The sides of your stem as seen from above should be perfectly parallel.

Do you have a smart phone? Just take pics with that.
I do not have a smart phone but one will forced upon Me in the near future( free upgrade ). Do you mean the the button should be taller top to bottom or wider front to back? Thanks for the good advice, Norm
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

IAWE. The stem from the profile and top view have what the kids are calling a little "whoopty doopty". I believe he was talking about the button height from top to bottom. The button actually looks too thick from front to back. The shank and band look good. The bowl should taper towards the top. It almost looks like it is wider at the top than the middle in the first photo.