pipe display stand c clips

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Mrpickwick

pipe display stand c clips

Post by Mrpickwick »

Hi Everyone

At present I'm designing a small display stand to be mounted on the wall and I would like to find the small plastic covered C clips that screw onto the wall/ display stand that would hold a pipe. I've seen these clips in a few tobacco shops and they are made of plastic or metal, the metal spring clips are covered with plastic so they don't scratch the pipe etc when holding it around the stem. If anyone knows where I could find such clips etc could they please let me know.

Cheers Don
spedenpipes@yahoo.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

How many do you need?
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I don't know if these are going to be usefull or not but... Lee Valley Hardware has clips used to hold wine glasses.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page. ... 50427&ap=1

They may have other stuff too if you check out the hardware section of thier web site. They have a really nice free catalog too.
Mrpickwick

Thanks for the info

Post by Mrpickwick »

Thanks for the info and the clips that hold the wine glasses are just the sort of thing I was looking for. I only need about 10 so I might just order a couple of packets from Lee valley hardware , but if you know of any other source for these kind of clips please let me know.

Cheers
Don
Speden Pipes
Japan
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I don't know if you have access to a plastics place near you... but you could also get this liquid rubber stuff used to coat tool handles and such. You would dip the ends of the clips in it to make them softer perhaps?

:dunno:
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

ok, word to the wise... be carefull when putting the term "liquid latex" into google. Many of the sites are not plastics suppliers :naughty:
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

:oops:
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

You know you looked John!!

Hehehehe
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

Uhm, maybe you want to look here:

and here:

This is the website from a German supplier also mentioned in the web links section of Tyler’s site under »Pipe repairs and estate pipes«. BTW I bought there. Recommended. Friendly person. I will not be receiving any gratification, just in case…
First one is what you were talking about, but he has obviously been to those stores already. The other one is something I find very smart.
If the links don't lead you directly to the articles (it's a database link system), then you can try www.estatepipes.de, choose English (Yes, Sir!) and navigate down to »Accessories« then »Pipe Accessories« and then to »Pipe Stands«. Both are listed there.

If this gives you an Idea what to look for in the US (I do admire your online-shops), it’s fine as well.

Alex
Last edited by alexanderfrese on Tue May 10, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Are those metal or plastic?
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

His site states, they are plastic-coated. I can hardly imagine that he is talking about plastic-coated plastic clamps, so there should be some metal underneath.

BTW: I mixed up the links in the posting above. Fixed it now. :boohoo:

Alex