First Pipes and Introduction

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
BHenriques

First Pipes and Introduction

Post by BHenriques »

Hello, this is my first post on here having browsed around for some time. Anyway, I just recently took my first stabs at pipe making with several PIMO prebored blocks.

I had never worked with wood this way before and am quite pleased with my first attempt. I'm interested to hear any advice or critism you may have.

Thanks for looking,
Brenton
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

For your first three pipes, I have no criticism at all.

That is some great work!

You obviously have an eye for symmetry.

Keep at it!

Rad
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

They really look like pipes. Which is more that can be said for my first attempt. Great work.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

LexKY_Pipe wrote:They really look like pipes. Which is more that can be said for my first attempt. Great work.
So if one’s frst didn't look like a pipe, it could not have been mentioned under the topic ”look at my first attempt“. A good excuse for all first attempts falling under the spell of »Ceci n’est pas une pipe«.

My first resembles a pipe from a far. I spoiled my second. I am researching for som briar sources, which is not so easy in Germany as it seems to be in the US. So my first worth beeing called a pipe is still waiting to be made.

So Brenton, there are three, and they are all pipes. Go for it…

Alex
marks

Post by marks »

Ditto what Rad said.
BHenriques

Post by BHenriques »

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I've already learned a decent amount from the few pipes I've completed, as well as from reading these forums.

I think I'll move onto the next step up and attempt to do the boring myself with a drill press. Hopefully I will have some more work to show soon.

-Brenton