Im pretty new to pipe making and im open to some feedback.

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Jwhitehead3129

Im pretty new to pipe making and im open to some feedback.

Post by Jwhitehead3129 »

This is my current work in progress. Morta and briar with an acrylic stem that I made.
Attachments
9.png
(187.34 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
10.png
(189.13 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
scotties22

Re: Im pretty new to pipe making and im open to some feedbac

Post by scotties22 »

Good to see you here. ;) Read the sticky that Premal did on photos for critique. It will make it a lot easier to get some really great feedback on that pipe.

The bowl/shank junction could be tightened up a bit. Still too much meat on the bowl in that area. Can't really comment on the stem with these pics.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Jwhitehead3129

Post by Jwhitehead3129 »

Thank you, yes I still have more work to put into this one. I will work on getting some of the meatyness shaved away. Thanks for the feedback Scottie.
phmann

Post by phmann »

Very interesting pipe. I agree with Scottie regarding the transition. The stem appears to be a little on the thick side and could start to taper sooner, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

By the way, how is the Morta attatched to the briar? If it's epoxy I, personally, would worry a little about heat exposure (fumes and strength).
"A good pipe guides the restless mind."

-Manny

http://mriverapipes.wordpress.com