Oklahoma Red, start your checkbook

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
LatakiaLover

Oklahoma Red, start your checkbook

Post by LatakiaLover »

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Massis

Re: Oklahoma Red, start your checkbook

Post by Massis »

if you're into myfords: this guy in the netherlands sells revised & new machines and all your required parts:

http://myfordsolutions.nl/

There's always one or two used ML7's up for sale on marktplaats.nl (dutch version of craigslist)
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Ooohhhhhhh.....pprrrreeeetttyyyyyyy!!! That makes me want to sell a kid. :)
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Massis

Post by Massis »

I actually own a myford super 7, but it's in terrible condition. The covers are broken, there's lots of parts from an ML 7 on it, many things are worn out.

But hey, I got it for €400 whilst one in new condition sets you back at least 10 times that amount...
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

George, you are a real shit for putting that in front of me. Alas, $5k to start and who knows where it will end up. Go get'em Chris.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

oklahoma red wrote:George, you are a real shit for putting that in front of me. Alas, $5k to start and who knows where it will end up. Go get'em Chris.
Pleased to be of service. 8)

Good question on the final price. It'll be fun to watch.

Chris already has a good lathe, but still... literally NEW, and in his back yard? (How big is England, anyway? Four square miles? Five?)

I wonder what it would cost to ship to Oklahoma? Not just the weight, but specialized handling & insurance very much required. Probably something like $10K for a private party, one-time deal.

I've decided that I'd make a good billionaire. You?
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

George you lack imagination as a billionaire! What you do is send your French Tart (Eurpoean mistress) in your private plane to get it. Before she gets here you send your wife off the some tropical island for a week so you can "thank" your Tart before you wisk her away to France again. Geeze....I thought men thought things like this through better than that :lol:
www.ladybriar.com
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

If I bought that I would be offered a choice of either going to live with you Mr. Billionaire or be drawn and quartered. :lol:
notow1

Post by notow1 »

Scottie, all these years I thought a French Tart was something You got at a bakery. Boy was I wrong, Norm.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

No thanks, why would I want an ML7 when I have a SUPER 7 :P

Although I would like the gearbox, but I ain't paying 3 grand for it lol. Herefordshire is also too far away, England may be the size of an American back yard but us Brits are too lazy to leave the porch lol.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

notow1 wrote:Scottie, all these years I thought a French Tart was something You got at a bakery. Boy was I wrong, Norm.
Women have been telling men that for YEARS.....and you guys just keep believing us. You think after a while you guys would catch on :lol:
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

oklahoma red wrote:If I bought that I would be offered a choice of either going to live with you Mr. Billionaire or be drawn and quartered. :lol:
This, ^^^, PMF'ers, is proof positive that Mr. OKRed is married. No other situation or set of conditions would have the slightest effect on a hardass Western-minded guy like him. Brahma bull headed his way? Meh. Tornado? Been there, done that. The 7-11 robber waved a pistol around? Stretched him out with one punch. But, say, "Yo, Red, your wife won't like that," and he goes pale in a second.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

scotties22 wrote:George you lack imagination as a billionaire! What you do is send your French Tart (Eurpoean mistress) in your private plane to get it. Before she gets here you send your wife off the some tropical island for a week so you can "thank" your Tart before you wisk her away to France again. Geeze....I thought men thought things like this through better than that :lol:
I never was much of a Grand Thinker when it came to such stuff. Not very American Male, I know, but what can I say? It must be why Beyonce left me, and Scarlett Johanssen is starting to get fidgety.
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

caskwith wrote:Although I would like the gearbox, but I ain't paying 3 grand for it lol.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nottingham-Myfo ... 2a3c97652d
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

24 hours to go, and no bids yet.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Vermont Freehand wrote:
caskwith wrote:Although I would like the gearbox, but I ain't paying 3 grand for it lol.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nottingham-Myfo ... 2a3c97652d

Yeah I ain't paying £700 either, that's almost what I paid for the whole lathe! On some of the sites I frequent I often see a super7 with gearbox go for about £1200 or so so you might as well have the whole thing!
My plan when I get a new workshop is to dedicate the super 7 mostly to stems, smaller pipes and metal work and then see if I can make/modify a large swing lathe for doing big bowls. We'll see how that pans out though, to be fair I have had maybe a handful of occasions over the last 6 years where I was hindered by the size of my lathe.