Rod Update: 4-5-05

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Rod Update: 4-5-05

Post by Tyler »

Copied from the Supplies For Sale page:

UPDATE (4/5/05): The rod is in the mail and on the way to me. It should arrive inside 14 days. Please note the new prices for the rod below. There is good news and bad news on the pricing front. The bad news is that prices went up across the board, mostly due to the decreased value of the dollar against the Euro. The most dramatic change in price is in the 25mm rod. My previous price was such a slim margin that it was effectively costing me money to sell it, so I have made the necessary adjustment. This time I have built in the same margin for all the rod. The good news is that the cumberland is less expensive than I anticipated relative to the price of the other rods. I had mistakenly informed some customers that the price of cumberland would be the same as the 25mm rod, despite the fact that the cumberland is 21mm. Thankfully, that is not the case.

Please also note the increased shipping price. I was loosing several dollars per order on shipping last time around, and STILL the delivery times were terrible. This time I will use a trackable carrier such as UPS, FedEx ground, or DHL, and this will cost considerably more. I will still lose money on shipping, but less so with the price increase.

----------------------------------------------------

This is the highest quality vulcanite in the world, the choice of most of the highest-grade pipe makers in the world. Ordered directly from Hamburg, Germany, this is, in my opinion, the best stem material in the world.

21mm Black rod stock, 18" (Approx.) length -- $26 -- Coming Soon!

25mm Black rod stock, 18" (Approx.) length -- $39 -- Coming Soon!

21mm Cumberland rod stock, 18" (Approx.) length -- $28 -- Coming Soon!

Shipping on all orders within the continental US is $8. International shipping, please inquire for shipping costs.

To order, please e-mail sales@tylerlanepipes.com.
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Tyler,
Thanks for the update on the rod. Can't wait to try some cumberland! Thanks!

V/R
Dave
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

It's in!

I'll soon be contacting those that have dropped me a note about their interest.

Tyler
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

UPDATE:

Due to poor timing with the arrival of the supplies and my schedule, I have not been able to get any pre-orders out yet. I should have my scheduled freed up enough to get all pre-orders out by Friday.

Sorry for the delays.

BTW, the full rod order is now in (it came in two boxes and the second box arrived a few days later than the first), and the bamboo is in.

Tyler
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

UPDATE: All paid pre-orders have gone out. Sorry for the delays. Being out of town and then hosting a conference in town did not allow me to get organized fully enough until yesterday. Shipping will be via FedEx ground, UPS, or DHL. If you haven't received your order by late next week, please contact me for your tracking number.

After filling all the preorders, I am surprisingly low on stock. If you are wanting to pick up some rod this time around, don't wait. I don't think it will last much longer.

Tyler