on the bench............

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

on the bench............

Post by bscofield »

On the bench.....

An Acorn, my interpretation of a "skate," and a overly-round prince. I'm the least happy with the prince but I reall like the other two!

ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

Looks good, Ben! I particularly like the acorn. Hey, check your private messages, I got a question for you. Thanks!

-Scott
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool buddy! I like the skate alot. It has a nice flow to it without being too fluid. The grain on that pipe seems well suited to the shape. The acorn is appealing too but the backside of it seems to be a bit out of balance with the front. The back seems to have less curve to it. Where the front side seems to have a nice nartural arch to it, the back juts up sharply and only arches near the top. Is this intentional?
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Nick wrote:Very cool buddy! I like the skate alot. It has a nice flow to it without being too fluid. The grain on that pipe seems well suited to the shape. The acorn is appealing too but the backside of it seems to be a bit out of balance with the front. The back seems to have less curve to it. Where the front side seems to have a nice nartural arch to it, the back juts up sharply and only arches near the top. Is this intentional?
yes, this was intentional. I had been noticing that I was limiting some pipes to having to have the front and the back of the pipes in an identicle shape/flow... so I've been trying to get an elegant flow with different angles on the front and back of the pipe.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool bud.