WTB rod

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Nick

WTB rod

Post by Nick »

Hi all,

Just looking for some rod. I'd prefer vulcanite, but lucite is fine too. I don't need that much, as all I'm making at the moment is three or four Canadians.

Thanks

NJ
jeff

Post by jeff »

Try www.pipemakers.org. I purchased some lucite rod stock from them in the past. It runs about $10 for 18". Plus, if you're not using a lathe, the stuff is squared off so that you could put it in a vise for a press.

Jeff
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Don't know if there's more than one option for this now but on their homepage it says their doing the pricing like this:
They are approximately 15/16 x 20" and we are selling them in bundles of 2 for $49.00 per bundle.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Ben,

That is their price for ebonite rod stock. I've purchased this through them as well. Their pricing for Lucite is around $10/pp though. I'm assuming that Nick doesn't want to drop the cash on 2 rods, so lucite will probably be the best bet. Actually, I believe that pipemakers.org is out of vulcanite anyway.

Best,

Jeff
Nick

Post by Nick »

Being the impatient guy that I am, I picked up a couple pieces of lucite from Delvies.

Thanks for the tips guys!