Blasted Strawberrywood Brandy

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Alden

Blasted Strawberrywood Brandy

Post by Alden »

Sasquatch

Re: Blasted Strawberrywood Brandy

Post by Sasquatch »

Ryan I like everything - bowl shape, colors, proportions.... but the staggered saddle is too big to my eye, and possibly, just possibly would look better with the long side on top - put your thumb over half of the bottom segment and see if you agree.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

I only want to add that the 3rd pic they stem and shank don't taper uniformly. it just looks like it kinda blobs together need the saddle then slowly and roundly fades into the button. other than that its cool. do you wish you had a deeper blast or was that what you were going for? strawberry wood is so cool.

btw, I hate to say it but sas is right, it looks nice with the larger segment on the top.

great pipe
Alden

Post by Alden »

Sasquatch wrote:Ryan I like everything - bowl shape, colors, proportions.... but the staggered saddle is too big to my eye, and possibly, just possibly would look better with the long side on top - put your thumb over half of the bottom segment and see if you agree.
I flipped it back and forth for awhile and neither way screamed "This End Up". Seemed to look as good either way.
Still haven't decided if I like it staggered, but with the scooped top I think it fits.
Maybe next time I would make the stem straight instead of flaring at the saddle and tapering towards the bowl. I think you're right though, less meat on the stem would be gooder.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Damn, I like the look of strawberry!
And, yes, the other guys are right.